Now loving: Top 10 High street staples for Fall

/
0 Comments
Coucou all

and welcome back to SammyFaces!

Fall has definitely fallen upon us and enter scarf, cashmere knit,  boots and all things cosy to survive...Whilst it's no longer a surprise that I'm not a big fan of Fall /Winter, the new fashion collections on the high street got me a bit more excited about the season.

I should probably start by saying that as someone who is on the quest for a streamlined closet,  I have tried and not yet fully succeeded at the Mari Kondo method of decluttering (story for another day!).

Nevertheless  the upside of those trials is that somehow I have  become much more aware of what works or doesn't work for me; and in the process I have rediscovered some items I had long forgotten and developed a new shopping strategy which, among other things, include buying items which fill an identified gap in my wardrobe and that I can easily wear for multiple purposes (e.g. work, party, date night or weekend wear).

For now here are my Top 10 winning buys for Fall, which in my view can become closet staples for anyone longing for a classic and chic style; alongside these seasonal buys.

1. A lace skirt
This H&M pencil skirt  becomes more interesting and flexible with lace; whilst this A line  from Asos is a bit more flirty especially with a light neutral sweater or blouse. 


2. The cashmere sweater
A simple round neck sweater in  neutral colours will complement the above skirt. For affordable and durable cashmere I have never been disappointed by the selection from Uniqlo


3. The not so simple white blouse
Absolutely love the  understated yet chic blouses from Reiss or the ruffle action at Sandro


4. Black ankle boots
Ideally  easy to pair with pants, skirts or dresses like these ones from  Joseph. For slimmer and skinnier heels, Mango will have you covered.

5. A season jacket/blazer
This season is all about checked  blazers and whilst there are plenty of choices everywhere this double breasted one at Zara caught my eye.

And if you are not into blazers, this chic tweed jacket  by Sandro make for a nice alternative.  Actually the tweed obsessed woman that I am would say any tweed jacket from Claudie Pierlot  or LKBennett can go with anything!

6. Paper bag or mid-to high waisted trouser
You may consider one that goes with your above mentioned blazer for more impact. For weekday meets weekend play consider Bershka or Massimo Dutti.


7&8. The accessories
Who needs a beanie when you can have a nice felt hat  topped with a bag that can easily be dressed up or down ! This season I spied Hermes meets Gucci-esque bags at  Mango and Zara

And if you prefer chain bags, my vote goes to  Claudie Pierlot or trendiest brand of the moment  Sezane


9. Button fly jeans
Opt for everyone's favourite at  Jcrew or a more relaxed/sailor look from Sezane
And I dare you to find more comfortable than these black Zara jeans I have been living in for the past 2 weeks.

10. The coat
And finally because we cant talk fall without a nice raincoat and lighter coat that keeps you warm without leaving you suffocating during your commute, the selection at Uniqlo get my vote

Now putting all the above in action, sure I'd be ready for work, play, everyday, anyday!




Now your turn what are your staples this fall?

till next time

-S



RELATED POST

No comments: