2018: A balancing act...

/
0 Comments
Twenty Eighteen Printable Calendar
source: toowordy

Coucou all

Welcome back to SammyFaces!


There is something about entering a New Year that brings up lot of excitement, positivity and hope: new beginnings, new opportunities, endless possibilities to start off fresh and over again.

Whilst I gave up on goal setting and the likes long time ago (except for this one post which is great!), each New Year I like to use the very first days in January for some kind of introspection, reflecting on the accomplishments of the past year and looking forward to what I wish for in my life in the year ahead. Like an artist starting with a blank page or a blank canva I ask myself: What do you want to remember 12  months from now ?

During this process (hello visualization!), I often quickly come up with a theme that resonates well with me throughout the rest of the year. Last year in January 2017,  I badly needed a "Reset" after a very challenging and roller coaster 2016 that left me eager to move on. This year 2018 on the other hand really took me by surprise and, as if hanging on the beautiful experiences of 2017, I  found myself in a search for a theme that never came...



At first I blame the depressing cold and wet winter we are experiencing, not quite conducive to any kind of motivation, then on my increasing consumption of passive IG scrolling (one of many habits I wish to curb!). Until it hit me during a beautiful weekend in Zurich when we attended the wedding celebration of two beautiful lovebirds and friends. There, surrounded by so much joy the answer came naturally: All I want for 2018  is...<insert rolling drums> ... "More of the same".

Because 2017 left me high on a "cloud 7" I didn't want to come down from, it felt like I wasn't quite ready to turn the page until I realize I could in fact carry on the same book (aptly titled "In pursuit of happiness) and stay on this happy cloud for as long as I choose to. In fact I can even aim to reach cloud 8 and onwards.


And just like that the cheesiest theme and anthem was found: "Live, Love, Laugh" with its chorus: Balance.

Balance between the analytic and the creative in me, work and leisure, travels and staycations, big dreams and even bigger actions, self love and beauty obsessions;
Balance of more education over entertainment, quality over quantity, wellness over diet obsessions, decision over  procrastination, communication over misunderstanding;
Balance toward taking more responsibility for my physical health, mental and emotional strength, career and financial success.

2018. Here's to more of the same that spark me joy: Love, Family, Friends and last but not least Health to fully appreciate the former.

2018 - Here's to the year I want to continue to streamline my closet, to travel to new places, to discover great blogs* that stimulate me, to meet and exchange with inspiring people, to witness more beautiful and magical experiences, to make progress in my pursuit of a better health (and skin) and self -everything, to share more of my discoveries, inspirations and career lessons, to read more books and see more art that ignite my soul, to simply grow into the woman I am destined to be, and who knows maybe creating a sisterhood of like minded women or inspiring others in the process. Maybe this year, maybe the next or maybe forever...

2018. Let's continue to laugh often, love deeply and live fully with passion and purpose.

2018. Certainly feels good to be back, writing again and sharing all of this with you and me :) 

2018. Let's do this one step at a time.



till next time

-S

* EDIT: after realizing how long this note was getting, I am planning a separate post for my current blog reading list so more to come!!! For now below the ones I have been reading a LOT lately
ENG
http://theeverygirl.com/
http://danielle-moss.com/  
https://medium.com/tag/life-lessons


RELATED POST

No comments: